Research Unit for Biopsychosocial Health
Our multidisciplinary unit is committed to the universal and comprehensive definition of health proposed in the biopsychosocial model of the WHO International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF), namely that health, operationalized in the ICF as functioning, is the outcome of a health condition and features of the environment.
Using this broad conceptualization as a theoretical framework, the core goals of our multidisciplinary and international team are:
- to describe and measure the health of persons with different health conditions and general populations
- to implement and evaluate health care interventions for persons with different health conditions and in different settings
These goals can only be accomplished though multidisciplinary research involving, among others, physicians, psychologists, physiotherapists, social workers, statisticians.
We place consequently high value on working together with diverse national and international collaborating partners in clinical, research and policy institutions and have a long lasting collaboration with the World Health Organization.
Our projects are financed by local and international funding sources, such as the German Ministry of Health, the European Commission and the World Bank.
As part of the Pettenkofer School of Public Health Munich (PSPHLMU), our team is committed to supporting the excellent teaching activities of the medical faculty of the LMU by offering courses and modules in the Master of Public Health and Master of Epidemiology programs of the medical faculty, as well as by continuously supervising internships, master and doctoral thesis, among others.
- Further development and validation of the Hamburger Prognosescores
- ICF INFO
- ICF e-learning Tool - a web-based education tool for ICF trainings
- ICF│PROreha - Predicting the rehabilitation outcome after trauma based on the ICF
- Harmonizing existing patient reported outcome measures in rheumatoid arthritis
- Model Disability Survey
- Development of a Minimal Generic Set of Functioning and Health - ICF Parsimonious Set
- The ICF as reference for the evaluation of intervention studies in dementia (ICF – Effect)
- PATHWAYS - PArticipation To Healthy Workplaces And inclusive Strategies in the Work Sector
- Development and Evaluation of an ICF-Based Patient Education Program for Stroke
- Development of ICF Core Sets for Hand Conditions
- Development of ICF Core Sets for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Development of ICF Core Sets for Multiple Sclerosis
- ICD-11 Field testing - Field testing of the ICD-11 beta version in hand surgery
- Use of ICF Score Sets for Evaluating Patients with Lumbar Back Pain and Generalised Pain Syndrome
- Development of an ICF-based Clinical Practice Guideline for the Assessment of Function in Head and Neck Cancer
- Implementation and Use of the ICF Core Sets for Hand Conditions in Clinical Practice, Rehabilitation and Research
- MARATONE (Mental Health Training through Research Network in Europe)
- Meta Analysis "Benefits of the application of a temporary intraoperative porto-caval shunts in liver transplantation"
- Meta-Analysis "Effectiveness of Neo-adjuvant Chemotherapy and Regional Hyperthermia in Soft Tissue Sarcoma"
- Psychosocial Factors Relevant to Brain Disorders in Europe - PARADISE